Overview of the Course:
Solar power systems use complex technology and needs to be well understood to ensure that the solar system performs at its best and to the customer’s expectations. There are many technical and site related factors which directly affect performance and reliability of a solar system. Success in solar business depends upon fair understanding of the technology, design aspects and economic feasibility of a solar system.
The GSES Business Advantage Course for Start-ups and Sales Professionals is a comprehensive course to provide necessary knowledge to the start-up entrepreneurs and sales professionals for effective communication to qualify a customer. This course is designed in a structured approach to provide a sound understanding of technical components of solar PV power plants, its commercial aspects, various business models, sourcing of equipment and materials, financing options and customer behaviour.
The participants will gain knowledge on fundamentals of solar PV power plants and how to sell a solar projects to a potential customer. They will have the opportunity to interact with highly experienced renewable energy engineers and sales and business development experts and gain knowledge on resource assessment, site survey, system sizing, project planning, accurate energy yield assessment, understanding solar customers, market segments, customers motivations to go for solar, influencers of purchase decisions, qualifying a customer, various business models, marketing of solar power plants, generating leads, handling customer concerns and objections, BOM preparation, preparation of a winning bid, savings potential, pay back and IRR calculations, finance options, various govt. incentives, tax benefits, net metering options, analysing commercial electricity bills etc. The course covers both rooftop and large scale PV power projects.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for aspiring solar entrepreneurs and its sales and business development employees. This may include freshly graduated engineers, start-up owners, contractors, sales and marketing professionals of EPC companies, project developers, financial institutions and insurance company etc.
- Solar PV market growth, project development phases and quality system overview
- Solar radiation overview
- Solar PV technology overview
- Inverter technologies, mounting structure and balance of system equipment
- Site assessment and feasibility (Practical on a actual rooftop site)
- Energy generation estimation from a solar power plant
- Policy and regulatory ecosystem
- Different business models for developing solar projects
- Economics of solar PV system - project costing, revenue, savings, incentives, payback and return on investment
- Interacting with the client - understanding customer dynamics
- Marketing - development of marketing plan, means of advertisement, building a client base, do's and don'ts of selling solar
- Techniques to generate leads and closing sales
- Technical and commercial bid preparation
The course will be delivered in lecture format using PowerPoint, sharing of case examples and exercises on design, energy yield and economic analysis.
• A copy of GSES book 'Solar Power Systems Fundamentals for entrepreneurs and sales professionals'
• Copies of power point presentations, site survey format, GSES sample documents, energy yield analysis tool, sample financial models
• Equipment, accessories and tools for demonstration
GSES develop and deliver solar PV training courses in accordance with international competency standards and accreditation requirements. On successful completion of the course students receive a certificate of completion or certificate of participation.
Global Sustainable Energy Solutions (GSES) is an Australian-based multi-disciplinary organisation specialising in professional services and training across the Renewable Energies sector and comprises a team of highly experienced systems engineers, designers and installers and accredited trainers. GSES is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in Australia, responsible for development and delivery of Solar PV accreditation training with international competency standards.
GSES Principal trainers have over 25 years of experience in renewable energy planning; engineering design; tender preparation and evaluation; techno-commercial due diligence and project implementation. Our trainers have authored and co-authored several books and training manuals on solar PV system design installation, maintenance and inspection. Selected publications of our principal trainers are –
- Grid Connected PV System Design and Installation
- Standalone Photovoltaic Design & Installation
- Solar PV System Inspection and Evaluation
- Training manuals for solar PV technicians
- Grid connected PV systems with battery storage
- Solar Entrepreneurs Handbook
To know more about GSES principal trainers please click here
For Training Dates: Please click here
Course Fee and Enrolment: Please Click here
Discount on course fee:
- Early Bird registration (limited to first 5 registration): 20% on training fee
- Group (3+) registration: 30% on training fee
For further information
GSES India Sustainable Energy Pvt. Ltd.,
F-7B, Pocket F, Okhla Industrial Area Phase 1
New Delhi - 110020, India
Phone: +91-11- 41040534