(Covers Off-grid, Micro-grid and Solar Water Pumping Systems)
Overview of the Course:
Low performance and poor operational condition is one of the biggest issues the solar PV power projects worldwide. A Large number of PV systems are under performing due to poor site selection, system design faults, frequent equipment failure, low solar irradiation access, unplanned grid failure or equipment mismatching. Some of these issues are external and often not in the hands of the system designer but most of them are because of poor design practices, inadequate installation planning or incomplete understanding.
Who should attend?
Solar Industry professionals, PV engineers, system designers or anyone else involved with designing/ implementing grid connected PV systems.
- Overview of solar PV technology, characteristics of solar modules and quality issues
- System design requirements and technical specifications as per IEC 62548.
- Impact of accuracy, reliability of solar radiation data on the plant performance.
- Battery storage technology and selection of battery
- System design and component sizing for standard regulator and MPPT based regulator
- System protection and safety equipment sizing and selection
- Lightening protection and systems earthing design
- DC and AC cable sizing, selection and estimation of loss due to voltage drop
- Site assessment & planning
- Solar water pumping system design
- Solar micro grids system design
- PV diesel hybrid system sizing optimization
- Complete design task exercise
- Standalone PV system model design and installation practice
The course will be delivered in lecture format using PowerPoint, sharing of case examples, design exercises, energy yield estimation exercise, a complete design task and practical on site assessment and installation.
· A copy of GSES 'Standalone Photovoltaic Systems Design and Installation' training manual
· Copies of power point presentations, design tasks, case studies and sample documents
· Functional PV power plants, Equipment, accessories and tools for demonstration
GSES develop and deliver solar PV training courses in accordance with international competency standards and accreditation requirements. On successful completion of the course students receive a certificate of completion.
Global Sustainable Energy Solutions (GSES) is an Australian-based multi-disciplinary organisation specialising in professional services and training across the Renewable Energies sector and comprises a team of highly experienced systems engineers, designers and installers and accredited trainers. GSES is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in Australia, responsible for development and delivery of Solar PV accreditation training with international competency standards.
GSES Principal trainers have over 25 years of experience in renewable energy planning; engineering design; tender preparation and evaluation; techno-commercial due diligence and project implementation. Our trainers have authored and co-authored several books and training manuals on solar PV system design installation, maintenance and inspection. Selected publications of our principal trainers are –
- Grid Connected PV System Design and Installation
- Standalone Photovoltaic Design & Installation
- Solar PV System Inspection and Evaluation
- Training manuals for solar PV technicians
- Grid connected PV systems with battery storage
- Solar Entrepreneurs Handbook
To know more about GSES principal trainers please click here
Date and Location: Please click here
Course Fee and Enrolment: Please Click here
Discount on course fee:
- Early Bird registration (limited to first 5 registration): 20% on training fee
- Group (3+) registration: 30% on training fee
- Student and female participants: 50% on training fee (limited to 5 participants on first come first serve basis).
For further information
GSES India Sustainable Energy Pvt. Ltd.,
F-7B, Pocket F, Okhla Industrial Area Phase 1
New Delhi - 110020, India
Phone: +91-11- 41040534/ 40587622
Mobile: +919560550077/ +91 9560550075