GSES India has trained 192 engineers and entrepreneurs from January to March 2020. Our face-to-face professional advantage, technical advantage, and business advantage courses were attended by the participants from Delhi/NCR, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Afghanistan, and Nigeria. Apart from face-to-face training programs, 41 participants also enrolled in GSES online professional and technical advantage courses.
Under the World Bank Technical Assistance program SUPRABHA, GSES India conducted two training programs for utility engineers from Delhi Power Distribution Companies. The 2-day solar grid engineer training programmes were attended by utility engineers from three distribution companies in Delhi. Another 2-day training under SUPRABHA was conducted by GSES India was on installation of small Rooftop PV plants at Guwahati, Assam. This training was attended by engineers and technicians from solar companies, state nodal agency AEDA and state distribution company APDCL.
During this period GSES India conducted two corporate trainings on solar PV systems design and installation. The first training was conducted in January 2020 for a private company in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The second training was conducted in March 2020 for ENVIS Sikkim. This training was attended by engineers, officers and the manager from Sikkim nodal agency SREDA and local entrepreneurs and unemployed youths from Sikkim.
What did the participants like most about the programmes?
- The 6-day training program improved my understanding about the solar PV system -Birendra Chhetri
- The session about solar PV growth was interactive and also, the teachers were creative and encouraging which made understanding basic concepts easier -Nisha Biswakarma
- The trainers were well prepared and tried to make us understand all the important topics. It was an interactive session overall -Srijana Chettri
- The installation and commissioning part of the training program was very interesting -Mohan Kumar Basnott.
- The discussions on installation and practical scenarios were really insightful -Arjuna Aravinda Senerath
- I liked the designing the MW scale solar plants and learned about the best practices for solar PV Installation – Chathura Champika Wanniarachchi
- The Grid-connected Solar PV Design & Installation book is very well written and the trainer was very professional – Mohammad Nasim Zahidi
- I like the way the trainer explained every session with real world examples inspired from his own experiences – Nanayakkara Senarath Appuhamilage Chalitha Arunavi Senevirathna